Two great recipes to share....

My awesome friend Hannah shared this recipe from Southern Living on her blog and I just had to share after making it this weekend. It is absolutely scumptious. It is called Praline Apple Bread but I was calling it Sugar Daddy Apple Bread! Since I don't know how to link her blog here is the recipe. Thanks again Hannah! You rock and I can't wait to visit with you soon! Love you girl!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 3/4 lb.)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.

2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.

3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.

4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.

5. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely (about 1 hour).

I was looking forward to bringing some of this bread to work with me for breakfast this week but since it was devoured at my mom's party on Sunday...I decided Rob and I needed some banana bread in the house. Not as good as the Sugar Daddy bread but it is pretty good. It is from Simply Recipes.

If you like bananas you will like this one:

Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Method
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Enjoy. And I hope you have a great week:-)

3 comments:

JennyLee said...

YUM!!! I think I need to step away from the oven before I have another baking binge!

Katie said...

That looks delicious!!

Yes, I've loved the book so far. It really emphasizes using Scripture behind discipline, which is necessary, I think. It helps you explain to your child why what they are doing is wrong, as well as providing a biblical example of how they could have done the situation differently--and the author writes all of it from a relaxed, fresh perspective. Not stuffy or preachy. I've enjoyed it and it has definitely helped me prepare for this stage of life with our little Cubbie!!

JennyMac said...

Ummmm.....YUM!