"Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-'n-roll"














Here are just a few more wedding pics. It is a rainy day here. We are going midnight bowling this evening with the youth group and afterwards we head back to the church for a lock-in til 8am Sat morning. It is going to be a long evening...

Here are some pics of our November Bowling Party for my bro Jason's birthday...




I am defn. not great at bowling like my hubby. Although, we both are very competitive about it. Ok, we are competitive about a lot of things, but in a good,healthy way. I have no technique and last time I bowled someone told me I bowled prissy. I can be quoted as one minute saying "I love bowling" and the next minute frustrated and saying "I hate bowling".

Do you like to bowl? When is the last time you went bowling?

Ahh...now I can't get the song "Score Tonight" from Grease 2 out of my head....
"Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-'n-roll.
Hey, come on, let's get this show on the road.
Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-'n-roll.
'Cause the stakes are high, and the winner takes all! "

Hope everyone stays dry and has a safe weekend!

6 comments:

JennyLee said...

Your pictures are beautiful. You were a beautiful bride. I am not much of a bowler. I Wii bowl like a pro though! ;)

Jennifer said...

I love your wedding pics! So glamorous!

Kelley said...

I tagged you on my blog!

In This Wonderful Life said...

SUCH beautiful pictures!!!!!!

Justine said...

LOVE your wedding dress and veil! Beautiful!!

I actually just went bowling the other night. It was the first time we'd gone in a looong while. My husband used to be on a bowling league so I don't really like bowling with him, but I didn't do too badly. I actually had a few strikes... The first ones ever!!

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm loving the wedding pics...you looked gorgeous!

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you on the question you asked on my blog about the Life Group at our church. We meet once a week for about 1 1/2 hours usually...we spend the first 20 minutes just hanging out and catching up on one another. Then, we usually watch a short clip of some study on video and then discuss it for a while afterward. One couple is the "lead" couple and they usually have a leader book that asks questions that helps the group stay on track. Afterward, we take prayer requests, pray together, and then head our separate ways.

Our group switches off which home we meet in each month but the same couple leads. We recommend keeping it about 8-10 couples max because otherwise its hard to get super close. And maybe once a month we all go out somewhere to dinner, a movie, bowling...just something to hang out besides only Life Group times and get closer and have some fun.

Andy Stanley has great studies, Tom Nelson's Song of Solomon study is great, and I'd be happy to give you more suggestions if you need them. We really love our group and I highly recommend starting one if you don't have one. Let me know if I can help you in any way! I'd be happy to!