Food to eat and Food for thought.....

A daily occurrence in our house: the bananas were starting to go bad. I was a bit sick of banana bread so I tried this recipe for banana cake. Didn't make the frosting though but I am sure it would be a yummy addition to it.



Our CSA summer produce program starts at the end of April/early May and I am so excited for it. I saw these pretty little radishes at the grocery store. We usually just eat radishes in salads...how do you eat them? I have heard of people cooking radishes but doesn't that cook all the nutrients out of them?? We are not huge radish fans but we do like to add different ingredients to our meals. This summer I am going to have to get creative with my recipes because we are not used to eating patti pan, bok choy, and turnips etc that we will be receiving each week. It shall be quite an adventure!




This was our feast from dinner with my dad last Thursday evening....you can't go wrong with couscous, corn on the cob and chicken salad!


Ok....and now food for thought that I am loving:

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea,
Drink the wild air's salubrity.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


and Rob's guitar case has this bumper sticker.... AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!


Would love to hear some recipes (with or without radishes) and some daily inspiration that you are soaking in?

4 comments:

JennyLee said...

I love Bok Choy. There is a Filipino dish that my made that was awesome. Which reminds me, I need to find that recipe...

JennyLee said...

*Mom made. Oops. :)

greiner gang said...

i have a banana cookie recipe...not as healthy as you might like but my kids like them and it uses up the rotten bananas.

Lindsey said...

Looks yum!!