Deuteronomy 24 20-22
"When you beat the olives from your trees, do not go over the branches a second time. Leave what remains for the alien, the fatherless and the widow.
When you harvest the grapes in your vineyard, do not go over the vines again. Leave what remains for the alien, the fatherless and the widow.
Remember that you were slaves in Egypt. That is why I command you to do this. "
We had a great time this past weekend celebrating our 1st Anniversary at Carolina Beach. It was so peaceful and relaxing. We kept putting off going home last night until 8:30pm. I am so thankful for being able to spend this time with Rob and really focus in on and remind myself of what really matters.
Since we are just beginning the process of adopting from Uganda. I wanted to do my part in helping the people there. I came across an organization called Bead for Life which sells handmade jewelry by Ugandan women. I have just recd a couple hundred bead necklaces, bracelets, and earrings with the hopes of selling them. The jewelry is AMAZING! I am hoping to have an open house soon (more details to follow) Please help me make a difference in stopping poverty. All of the money I raise goes back to this organization. This is not an adoption fundraiser for us. Pictures to follow soon! If you would like to check out the website go here: http://www.beadforlife.org/
Speaking of fundraising, we are still selling shirts. I should be receiving an order this week with the new long sleeve shirt and it is super cute. Can't wait to share. If you have bought a shirt in the past, I would love for you to send me a picture of you in it and with your permission I will post it on the blog!
Ok, so enough of me rambling...hope everyone had a great weekend.
Here is a great fall recipe that I made a couple of weeks ago. It was really delicious and we had leftovers for a couple of days!
CHEESY POBLANO RICE SOUP
“Rice to the Rescue!” Recipe Contest Winner - Patricia Harmon
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Ingredients
• 1/4 cup minced shallots
• 3 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 3 14 1/2-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
• 3 cups cooked rice
• 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
Saute shallots and peppers in oil in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
Add rice and cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I can't believe you posted about this jewelry because I came across their website this afternoon and thought of you! I'll send you a pic of me and my shirt soon.
Post a Comment