She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain~ Louisa May Alcott ~.


One of my 2009 goals is to read at least one book a month. Reading is something I have always enjoyed doing. Usually when I pick up a book and I am really into it, I finish it within a couple of days. I started reading the Twlight books right before Christmas and I was completely done with the series in like 2 weeks.
Right now, I am reading Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I bought this book about a year ago and never started reading it. Now since there is a movie coming out based on it, I think it is about time I give it a try (it is not too long either).

I am not far into it...but it is defn a bit bizzare, but yet it draws the reader in. I think middle school kids would love this book, I know i would have.

The movie seems to be directed by the same guy who directed Nightmare before Christmas.....and I can completely picture the movie fitting into the animated, fantasy genre.

Not sure if I will pay to go see this movie in the theater....but defn will rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Totally changing book topics now... but this year I have also read The Shack by William P. Young. What a thought provoking book....whether you agree with it or not....it gets you thinking.

And isn't that the point of reading after all?!

What books do you recommend for my year of reading???

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Have you read Their Eyes Were Watching God? It is hands-down my absolute favorite book. It takes a little while to get used to reading the dialect, but the story is so, so beautiful. The Secret Life of Bees is also great.